Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Engine Hung!

5 hrs
Had an idea last night about how to deal with the engine. Put it into practice this morning and an hour and a half later I had all four engine bolts installed.



Then spent a bit more time taking the nuts off of each bolt and installing a washer, since the nut was on too far for the cotter pin. But got em all done and cotter pins in place, but not final installed yet. I can't imagine taking any of these out, but I don't need to set the cotter pins quite yet. I may have someone come look at it.
The engine is going to have to come off at least two more times, but I'll remove the entire mount/engine/nose wheel assembly.

Then shifted gears and started final install of the rudder pedals and brake plumbing.