Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Saturday, February 20, 2010

5 hrs, 8 rivets
Finish assembling forward elevator pushrod. Got it all torqued down nicely, and then tried to get it into the center tunnel. With the ends on, it won't go. So off came the ends. Then it would just barely fit with some creative bending and positioning. Then put the ends back on and measure to rough fit as best you can.
Finally bolted the forward elevator pushrod to bellcrank.

A little misc electrical that was pending, shrinkwrapped expandable sleeve ends on tail light wiring.

Then dug back into the brakes.
Reassembled brake pedals, master cylinders and rudder pedals.
Did a rough fit of the brake plumbing. I think I'm going to replace that cheap-ass plastic tee connector with a brass tee. There was a post on Van's about it this morning.



There are two lines missing as shown on the plans. They are the VA-118 brake lines. I wonder if they come in the finish kit.

Gonna have to redo the parking brake bracket again. Wayne has a setup that I really like, I think I'll copy it.