Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

1.6 hrs, 4 rivets
Finish drilling aft VS spar to 912 bulkhead and tie down bar. Glad that's done. My hands can't fit in that aft compartment and do much usefull work.
Disassemble and deburr.
Rivet tie down bar to 912 bulkhead.
Reinstall VS. Fit rudder. Very cool. Need to fine tune the top pivot brackets, can't get the pin completely in.



Talked with Tony Partain yesterday. They should pickup my finish kit later next week. I might possibly see it on the weekend, but sometime during the week of the 15th is more likely. If that's when it comes, it will have been 14 weeks since I mailed the check. Plan accordingly.

Need to get busy and order a Grove nose wheel, and a prop. I'm thinking about a Catto 3 blade. They sure do look nice. Dealing with the lower cowling is reported to be very difficult with a 3 blade and a nose dragger.