Started working on the rudder stops. I had purchased a delrin internal rudder stop, but decided I didn't like how that can load the hinge, eyebolt, and doubler. The load points are just too close the fulcrum. The per plans rudder stops aren't too much better, but they're about 4 times further from the center of rotation, so the force is 4 times less. And they load the angle at the bottom instead of the hinge.
So I made up the two stops per the plans. Before drilling any holes, I wanted to see how close they were. Well, setting the rudder up for the 46 1/8" from tip to elevator tip, the stops were too far forward. In fact, the stops would allow almost enough travel to touch the elevators. Not good.
So I made up two more stops. This time I left the protruding flange mostly uncut, and trimmed the aft corner much less than the plans. A quick test shows these are about right. Tomorrow I'll drill them and finish them off.