Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Thursday, April 22, 2010

1.5 hrs
The latest Van's order was on the front porch when I got home. Just in time. I was running into critical path items. In the package was an assortment of FWF parts, mostly AN fittings, the Van's Hobbs oil pressure switch, VA-128 restrictors, etc. And the all important gascolator doubler.
Started setting up the pressure transducer manifold. I'll have the Dynon fuel and oil pressure senders, but borrowing a great idea from Wayne, I am adding the Van's Hobbs oil pressure switch. This gives me a redundant indicator for oil pressure. It will be hooked up to a red LED. It could be used to verify oil pressure at engine start, but a very useful side benefit will be to remind me that the master switch is on after shutdown!



Deburred the gascolator doubler. I've been fretting over how to mount the Andair gascolator, but I think I have it figured out. Unfortunately, I need a chunk of 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 AA6 .125 angle. Sounds like another Van's order!