Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Sunday, December 27, 2009

5 hrs, 16 rivets
Wire right wing. This one was way easier, having made all the mistakes on the left wing yesterday.

Install TruTrack roll servo in right wing. I think one of the bolts is too short. Even with the low profile nuts provided, it seems about two sizes too small.
Start dimpling wing skins.



Countersink nutplates and start installing for wing inspection covers.
I had a bin of nutplates and screws left over from the wing build. I thought it was odd that I got so many extras. The puzzle was solved today as I was finishing dimpling the inboard bottom left skin. There's one inspection plate on that skin. Eight nutplates are required. Slowly it dawns on me that there are five more to do. Suddenly I'm wondering if there are enough nutplates!