Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Friday, June 12, 2009

4.0 hrs
Skipped the ROT rally and worked on the kit till 10 at night. I could hear the Harleys on 620, and that's about as close as I care to be. Besides, I could hear real thunder off towards Austin all evening. I'm guessing it rained on their parade.

Match drill left seat belt brackets.

Trim seat belt brackets to fit with ribs. Made another screw-up here. The two outboard brackets are not next to ribs, although it looks like it from the holes in the 705A. I trimmed them a lot, when they didn't need any trimming, and it's a bit too much in theory. I'm sure I can get away with using them, if those break in a crash, the crash won't be kind to the occupants regardless. But I might just order two new brackets anyway. They only need match drilling. That can be done up until the baggage compartment is riveted, and maybe even after that.

Cut snap bushing holes in 705A to final size.
Drill holes in 705J angles.
Match drill 705K & L plates to 705F.