Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1.8 hrs
Deburr 707, 708,709 bulkheads and bellcrank rib parts.

Start fluting bulkheads. Got them into what appeared to be reasonbly flat condition.
I had been looking at Smitty's site to see ahead at some of the parts I was working with. But he's not that far ahead anymore. So went to Scott Card's site and found what I was looking for. Along the way, he had a clever idea. Use the bottom skin to space the bulkheads and use that as a fluting/flange angle guide. I like the idea of doing this before priming, so I'm trying it. It'll set me back a couple of days, but the improvement in quality should be worth it. Besides, I need to slow down the frantic pace.



Even Scott mentions how addictive this part of the process is.

Set up bulkheads on skin and adjust flange angles.