Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Friday, July 15, 2011

Transponder, Pitot/Static Checks

1 hr
Only about 30 minutes of actual work today. Installed an Adel clamp to secure the roll servo wiring bundle. This turned out to be relatively easy, which was a nice change.
The big news for today is that I have nice vinyl lettering for the EXPERIMENTAL placard, the tail numbers, and "NO STEP" for the flaps.
And the Taylor Avionics shop was here today for another job, so they checked my transponder and pitot/static systems. Passed with flying colors!

Of course I put in time on Thursday and Wednesday.
Thursday, 22 rivets attach the left elevator tip fairing. Also changed out AN3 bolts for the right aileron bellcrank and roll servo. The ones I used way back when were just too short. Tightened the roll servo control arm jam nuts.
Installed the pilot side Skyview and updated the software on both units.

On Wednesday, replaced the transponder TNC connector. Applied a bit more spiral wrap on a main wiring bundle to prevent chafing against the transponder DB9 connector
Tightened up the right side aileron jam nuts and control column bolts.