Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Thursday, January 6, 2011

2 hrs
The Spruce order arrived. So a couple of items lurched forward.
Installed TNC connector for transponder. Remains to be seen if the cable is worth a darn. Debating with myself if I should upgrade that transponder to a class 1. All it takes is 400 bucks, assuming Dynon gives me full credit.

More wire arrived, so finished landing/taxi light and nav/strobe wire bundles.
Run bundles to center section. That's all the wiring that has to be run through the carry through spar. Still have 3 coax cable to run through the spar, and I'm not sure if there is enough room. One more hole would be nice, but I need two, one on each side.

Recorded fuse panel layouts. This so I can get them back in order if I have to yank them all out for reorganizing. I already see some changes I should make.

Start reorganizing panel wiring. Going to organize in four bundles: power, ground, other bundles, and strays. May have to redo a few connectors to make it all nice and tidy.