Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Thursday, October 9, 2008

1.1 hrs
Match drilled right rear spar.
Thought I had messed up the root doublers, but they are all #30's. There's a sentence in the narrative that makes it seem like some are #40's, but on closer reading, this sentence is talking about the spar flange. All the holes in the web are #30. There are some tricky countersinking details, but those are easy to contend with.
Had plenty of time, but I was so tired I had to call it quits after only an hour.

Tomorrow the Lake Travis Cavaliers will beat up on some hapless district fodder*, so no construction until the weekend. I have plans to number the plane N207LT, and will name it "Cav".

*That fodder turns out to be Lampassas. They're 0-5. It won't be pretty. LT has the #2 QB in the country. I lived in Lampassas county when I was in high school. But I went to Copperas Cove HS instead. When I went to CCHS, the Bulldogs won maybe 3 games in three years. Now they're the number five team in the country!