Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Spent the last few days working on the garage and around the house. I figure 6 hours the last two days and timed 2.5 hours today. The garage is really shaping up, got all the spiders out, organized lots of crap into boxes (labelled!), cleaned.

Oh yeah. My daughter's boyfriend was kind enought to lend me a DeWalt angle grinder with a wire brush wheel. This thing is great. First I cleaned the rust off my drill press stand. Then I kept finding more things to clean. I had stored some pool chemicals in the garage when I first moved in 9 years ago. Huge mistake. Hydrochloric acid is not kind to anything, which I knew, but just about everything corroded. The chemicals have long since been moved outside, but the damage remains. The angle grinder really helps, and quickly. Clamps, vises, etc. It takes the rust right off. Seal the clean metal with paste wax, and almost as good as new. Maybe better, because now it shouldn't be a problem anymore.