Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Monday, December 17, 2007

Empennage Arrives!




Having ordered tools, I looked at the Van's web page to plan for the empennage. Their info seems to indicate it could take a long time to ship anything, even though it was in stock. I worried about this, because it meant that the kit might not arrive until after the Christmas break was over, and I would lose all of that building time. Not to worry. Order placed on 12/7, successfully delivered on 12/13!

It's official!


Spent about 1 hour doing the inventory and storing parts for later. Van's forgot to put the plans in the boxes (even though they were checked off on the list). A call the next day has them on their way. I have the preview plans, and know what to do, but I don't have all of the tools I need (waiting on band saw blades and a 3 week backordered Avery hand squeezer), and I want to build the two tool boxes first. In the meantime, there's more garage cleaning to do.

Inventory

Time: 1 hr