Wayne suggested I write down the lessons learned from gluing the canopy.
Here they are, so we don't forget.
1. I installed the C-759 strips to provide an edge for glueing and clamping the canopy bottom edges. I think I'd do this again, but would spend a little more time trimming the canopy edges to fit nicely. A bevel or radius could work well.
2. When masking, first lay down the edge of the area to be primed. Then mask the wide area that won't be primed with no overlap of the edge masking. Plan these two sets of masks so the remaining area can be covered quickly with a single pass of wide tape. This allows easy removal of the edge masking without having to disturb the wide area masking.
3. I made corner masking circles by cutting 1" circles in two layers of blue painters tape. But the primer bled under these. Use some other prepared circle masking product.
4. Make spacers of 1/4" squares. Stick them to the frame after painting on the Sika primer, but before it's completely dry.
5. Triple check positioning of the frame as clamps are added, especially along the aft bow. Mine drifted by a 1/16", and I didn't catch it until all the clamps were on and the Sika was beginning to set up.
6. Try to get the clamps right on a spacer. Mine has some waves where the clamp was pressing the canopy in past the level of the spacers.