Since I was wondering about the engine mounting, I lost sleep about it. There are different length bolts for upper and lower mounts, and I started wondering if I installed them wrong somehow. This morning checked the drawings, and measured the bolts, and at first I was afraid I had messed up and swapped upper and lower bolts. At least I was consistent side to side. Eecks, that means they all need to be swapped, which means completely removing the engine.
But tonight I measured again. The top bolts are 4.5" long, the bottoms are 4.75". The drawings say AN7-43 bolts on top, -44's on the bottom. Hmmm. So at least the long ones are on the bottom. Then I remembered there's something odd about the numbering when bolts are over 4". They're alright after all. I did need to install one more washer on one of the upper bolts, so the castle nut will fit better. So got that finally taken care of and installed the cotter pin. Whew! Sure glad I don't have to remove any of those bolts.
After that little episode got back to the cowling. Clamped a hinge half to each side of the upper cowling, drilled and clecoed.