Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Thursday, August 5, 2010

.7 hrs
Bought a new garden hose at home depot, then proceeded to cut it up for spacers between the canopy bubble and the frame. When glueing with sikaflex, a small gap is required. Then clamped the plexi to the frame and marked the final cut on the aft slider canopy. Looks like I need to bend the canopy frame forward bow in about an eigth inch to account for canopy spreading. This is much less than other builders report and I wonder if I've got something wrong (starting with my measurement technique). After making these cuts, the plans call for drilling a bunch of holes to pop rivet the plexi to the frame. I will skip that, but now I need to order some expensive glue!

While goofing around with the canopy tonight, the FedEx truck pulls up. It has a weird shaped box on it. The driver knew what it was, because he's seen the project already!