Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Monday, July 19, 2010

Fifteen Thousand Rivets!

5 hrs, 131 rivets

Got some work in yesterday on the grips, but didn't track the time. Did run the Marble Falls Triathlon, so I'm officially a triathlete again! 4th of 18 in my age group.

Today, rewired the pilot stick grip. The plans that come with the grip assume it will drive the trim servo directly. But I will wire another trim switch on the panel, so a slightly different hook up is required. The good new is no 12V is need in the stick now.



Did a trial fit of the exhuast system, mainly because I wanted to see where it runs. After that, started making the starter power cable.



Then the Girl showed up, and we knocked out most of the rest of the 7112 skin. Still need to rivet in the reinforcement ribs, but I'm thinking the might be some painting to do first. The important part is I can now start on the canopy!