Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Saturday, July 3, 2010

3.5 hrs, 16 rivets
Started installing ELT wiring.
Make ELT DB-15 connector, mount buzzer, coax, and antenna.
Rivet 709 bulkhead to aft deck.



Fabricate doubler for ELT antenna, rivet to aft skin.



It might seem like I'm not making much progress, and that is correct. It's beastly humid, but I've been spending a bunch of time working, training, and ramping up maintenance for the 3R9 web page.
But mainly I'm almost afraid to start riveting those aft skins on, because I know I will find something I forgot, and it will be difficult to fix.

Did spend time yesterday powering up the Skyview, mainly to check that the ADAHRS wiring and plumbing is OK. It all seems to work as expected, and I don't think I can do much more than what I did. Didn't test the AOA, but not sure how to check it.