Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

1.4 hrs
Finished making the U408 spacers.

I went looking for pictures of the brake/wheel assembly process. Scott Card has a couple of pictures but none showing the detail I wanted to see. Maybe I'm dense, but these are not easy. Some of the parts require pressing.
Undid the bolt torqued down two days earlier and pressed the brake caliper bracket onto the U403 flange, at least for the left gear. It's not a slip on fit, but I was able to use the vise and some wood blocks to get it on easily enough. Had to drill the AN4 holes on U403 out to final size.



Then I was able to torque the flange on for good. (I think).



Tried fitting the wheel on, but met with failure on the first try. The bearings sure do fit tight.