Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Monday, November 30, 2009

1 hr
Deburred aft fuselage bulkheads and started fitting static port lines.

The SteinAir wiring kit arrived and spent about an hour taking inventory and just looking at all the new toys. The expandable sleeve wasn't quite what I had in mind. And I've already decided to add two more 12V DC power points. There will be one on the passenger side just below the panel, where the headset jacks will be, and I'm planning TWO in the back. They'll be always on, and fused for 2 amps. That's a possible recipe for running a battery down. I'm thinking they might go well in the aft flange of the 705 bulkhead. Oops. They can't go there. Maybe on the 785 backrest brace. I don't think they'll interfere with the flap mechanism if the power points are placed right.