Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Director was teasing me about not posting much, so here's a place holder for a few items that happened this spring and winter.  Let's see, instrument currency approaches, 250 hours on
Cav, oil change,  I have over 500 hrs,
flew the Llano race course, visited the Port Aransas flyin, night currency at T82. 
I have some pictures to upload that I'll add and annotate.

Flying has been mostly miserable all year so far.  The air seems more stirred up than usual and it's usually been uncomfortably bumpy, keeping my flights short.  Heck, I've only filled in two and a half  logbook pages since the Jan 27 post!


Final at KRAS.




View down the road from the airpark.  The beach is at the end of this road.


And here's the beach.

Gotta love the RV.  Lakeway, Llano, San Saba, Brownwood, Mason, Llano, a stroll on the beach, then back to Lakeway in time for an afternoon party.  4.5  hours, 650 miles, $160 in fuel.