6 hrs Wayne came over today and we tackled the canopy skirt layup. We used epoxy resin and 5 layers of material: glass, carbon fiber, glass, carbon fiber, glass. I was nervous that the first layer would not hold on the bottom edge of the canopy but would slide off under gravity. But it stayed right were we put it. It took us 5 hrs to do all five layers.
After Wayne left, I mixed up some superfill and started smoothing the contours a bit. My canopy is far from perfect, and some of the mismatches are easy to see through the layers of the layup.
Tomorrow I'll pop it off, trim, and start finishing it. Sure is nice to have that hurdle crossed. Finally posted a new big picture on the front page. It doesn't look too different from the previous one, but there are many hidden accomplishments in the new picture.