Removed the skirt from the canopy. Came off without too much trouble. Didn't use any mold release and that made me a bit nervous, but the layup did not adhere to the packing tape I used. It did adhere to the top layer of 3M masking tape I used to mark the edges, so that worked out perfectly. I had a nice edge of tape to cut to for the trimming.
Drilled a couple holes on each side of the canopy lower rail to secure the front of the skirt. Then made a simple strap duplicator from scrap aluminium. Should use thinner steel, but I used what I had.
Fit the skirt to the canopy and match drilled the two forward holes and the aft holes for the finger lift tab.
Started measuring for final trimming. Will have to remove material from the lower forward edge to allow the canopy to slide past the widest part of the fuselage. That's why you see that relief cut at the forward bottom of all the slider canopy skirts.
Spent a bunch of time at Wayne's looking at electrical system items. Looks like he's about ready to install the adahrs and GR Horizon harnesses.
I also put in about 4 hours trimming and sanding on the skirt. It's official, I bought a wimpy die grinder (a cobalt brand from lowes). Mine bogged down and refused to cut the skirt material. Borrowed one from Wayne and it got the job done. Same cut off wheel in both cases.
After the first pass of trimming