Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Saturday, October 17, 2009

3.5 hrs
Fit 904K center spar caps and final drill.
DeburrFinal drill 920 armrest to 904 spar. Deburr.
Drill armrest reinforcement clips. Deburr, countersing, and dimple.
Cleco forward bottom skin to assembly.



The posts aren't very creative. Neither are the building chores. Actually, I'm having to do some creative construction on the armrests, but I'm chomping at the bit to have the fuselage riveting done so it can be flipped.
The instructions say very little about the 904K. So I'm having to look at other builders pages to see when they did them. I decided to drill them today, but installing will happen later. The instructions say the armrests are installed after the seat floors are done. I haven't figured out the dependency yet. I see how several builders riveted the armests in, but didn't yet install the 904Ks.