Van's RV-9A in Aurora

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Flying! 8/28/2011

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jan 7
Flew up to McGregor, south of Waco to attend the EAA Chapter 59 pancake breakfast.
I met Seth, and we sat at the table inside where the Falcon Flight formation team was briefing their air show act. Many of the well know RV'ers where there, some who I had met just the previous week at Hicks. I got there late and there was no more sausage, but the pancakes were good.


After breakfast I was about to depart, but Falcon Flight was doing their show practice. I watched for a while, then tried to time my departure. I annonunced departure, but Stu asked me to wait, they were about to do a bomb burst. I held, and then lit the candles. About that time the bomb burst turned back and I was now a hazard. I apologized to Stu and turn out to the west low and early, staying well under the height of the formation. I should have paid more attention to the briefing!


Back at home, Wayne is getting his wings on, helped here by John Reinschmidt. Wayne had a much easier time with the bolts, the secret being to clean out the holes in the spar and carry through box so that there is no crud getting in the way.